7 posts
6 users
2k+ views
bob
8 months ago (edited 8 months ago)
Member since 04/15/2008 🔗
769 posts

cnn.com

I will admit I thought about this happening a few times when I caught late gondola rides in Val Gardena, Italy -- and I do mean late -- like 30 minutes to totally  dark. I remember, one time getting to the gondola base and I thought it was absolutely too late for another ride. I looked right at the liftee and he waved me on. I was shocked. By the time I got back down it was pretty dark. I had to be the last person to ride that gondola. There was nobody else around.

Moral of this story: ALWAYS carry a phone with a good charge.

Leo
8 months ago
Member since 11/15/2005 🔗
359 posts

I'm not going to pass up an easy shot at Vail.  LOL.

I guess this is another symptom of not having enough quality people working on the mountain.  The process for clearing a gondola is really, really simple and there's absolutely no excuse on earth for someone to get stuck on one overnight.

At least she didn't go the route of the group in the B movie Frozen...

lukeindc
13 days ago
Member since 09/17/2024 🔗
12 posts
That late gondola ride in Val Gardena must've been intense, @bob! I've had a few close calls myself, but never quite that late. You're spot on about keeping your phone charged. I just remembered an old cable car rescue video  in Val Gardena https://www.theguardian.com/travel/video/2015/mar/06/cable-car-rescue-italian-ski-resort-ciampinoi-dolomites-video that looks scary, but everyone was rescued successfully. Seems like Italian rescuers are very much prepared. Good thing I didn’t experienced any of these on my previous trip to Italy a few years back. I had a well-experienced local guide with me from https://gowithguide.com/Italy that took care of most of the planning.
Crush
11 days ago (edited 11 days ago)
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,282 posts
hmmm - brings thoughts of the sex scene in the stupid Hot Dog ski movie.. Well lots of time to hook up and keep warm!
Moe Gull
11 days ago
Member since 09/5/2022 🔗
45 posts
I'd spend the night thinking about what I would do with the lawsuit money.
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
3 days ago (edited 3 days ago)
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
929 posts

oh yeah, hat was the FIRST thing I thought about on this topic. ... hey, might not be so bad...

and dont call that movie stupid  :)

Crush wrote:

hmmm - brings thoughts of the sex scene in the stupid Hot Dog ski movie.. Well lots of time to hook up and keep warm!
Crush
3 days ago
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,282 posts

✅ 😍 🚀

pagamony wrote:

oh yeah, hat was the FIRST thing I thought about on this topic. ... hey, might not be so bad...

and dont call that movie stupid  :)

Crush wrote:

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?